Let’s face it – we can all use a little healthy glow in our skin these days, and nothing’s more helpful than our favorite glass of liquid cheer. We know that too much alcohol consumption can wreak havoc on our skin cells and pores, but what if I told you there are certain types of alcohol that can actually give you that extra glow you crave? In this article, we’ll explore which alcohol makes skin glow as well as some of the best drinks to add to your bar cart. Read on to find out more!
1. Explore the Benefits of Alcohol on Skin
When consumed in moderation, alcohol may reduce skin inflammation and act as a natural astringent. This is notably due to the high antioxidants content. Anti-inflammatory properties are thought to reduce flare-ups and signs of sensitivity, while restoring the skin barrier. This can be seen in fortified wines, such as sherry, that are rich in polyphenols.
Might Restore Natural pH
Alcohol can be beneficial for pH balance in the skin, as it can help to purify and clean the pores. This is because it is a mild antiseptic and hence important for those who have oily skin. Alcohol can help to control oil production, as it might create a more alkaline balance. As for those who have dry skin, look for alcohol containing products that are more moisturizing.
2. Unlock the Secret of a Glowing Complexion
Having great skin doesn’t necessarily mean you have to slather on endless layers of beauty products. Eating the right kinds of foods and making simple lifestyle changes can have a huge impact on the appearance and health of your skin.
Here are some tips to help you unlock the secret to a glowing complexion:
- Eat Smartly: Start your day off right by eating a nutritious breakfast filled with essential vitamins and minerals that help keep the skin healthy. Load up on superfoods like kale, spinach, and avocados as they are packed with antioxidants that help fight cell damage and wrinkles.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Making sure you drink six to eight glasses of water a day helps hydrate skin and flush out toxins.
- Remove Makeup Before Bed: Leaving make up on overnight can cause clogged pores and lead to breakouts.
- Stay Protected from the Sun: Wear sunscreen daily and try to stay out of direct sunlight from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm to prevent sunburns.
- Get Your Beauty Sleep: Getting enough rest is key to achieving healthy and glowing skin. Make sure you are getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night for optimal skin health.
By following these simple steps you’re one-step closer to getting that gorgeous glowing complexion.
3. Find the Best Booze for Optimal Skin Health
It’s natural to want to indulge in a glass of wine or two now and then. But did you know it is possible to enjoy alcohol without sacrificing the health of your skin? Fortunately, there are plenty of alcoholic beverages out there that are high in antioxidants and can, in fact, help improve skin health and even enhance your overall health. Here are some types of booze you can drink to get the biggest benefit for your skin.
- Wine. Red wine, in particular, contains resveratrol—a powerful antioxidant that helps protect against free radical damage and can even help minimize breakouts. White wine, too, can provide benefits, as it is packed with healthy polyphenols and minerals.
- Vodka, Gin, and Tequila. These hard liquors contain, on average, zero carbohydrates and no sugar, reducing the risk of acne flare-ups. Vodka has the fewest calories, so it’s a good option if you’re looking out for your waistline.
4. Shine On With Younger Looking Skin
As we age, our skin undergoes natural changes, leaving us with wrinkles and other signs of aging. But that doesn’t mean looking older is something you have to accept! With the right routine, you can help your skin look youthful again, and be glowing for years to come. Here are some tips to help you shine on with younger-looking skin:
- Keep hydrated: The first step to keeping your skin in tiptop condition is drinking plenty of water! Staying hydrated helps to maintain the balance of moisture in your skin, which keeps you looking and feeling your best.
- Moisturize: Moisturizers are essential for maintaining healthy skin. Look for hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid and ceramide-rich creams, which will help to keep your skin looking smooth and young.
- Protect your skin: Make sure to apply sunscreen every day (even when it’s cloudy). This will help to protect your skin from harmful UV rays which can cause it to age faster. You should also wear a hat when you’re out in the sun to shield your face from further damage.
- Exfoliate regularly: Regularly exfoliating your skin helps to remove dead skin cells, which can give your complexion a brighter and more even appearance. Look for products that contain enzymes or gentle acids like alpha hydroxy acids to help with exfoliating.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to help your skin look younger. Making the effort to look after your skin will pay off in the long run with a complexion that radiates with health and beauty.
From indulging in a glass of bubbly to taking a shot if tequila, there is a wide array of alcoholic beverages that can have a beneficial effect on your skin! Some drinks provide critical vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to keep your skin looking and feeling great. Whether you’re a beer, wine, or hard liquor connoisseur, hopefully, this article has given you the knowledge you need to kickstart your skin-boosting drinking routine. Now, toast to glowing skin!